30 delicious magnets

I don't go in for too much news here, but damn. Some 8 year-old, Haley Lents [mild PSNA, I know, gross] ate 20 steel balls and 10 magnets out of a toy. Because they looked delicious.

Uh, what?

Haley Lents told Early Show co-anchor Maggie Rodriguez Monday she ingested the ten magnets and 20 steel balls because they "looked like candy."

Haley's father, Jason Lents, told CBS News he "really" doesn't understand how Haley could have consumed the parts, because she "gets A's and B's, and we taught her not to do stuff like this." 

From CBS News, who must have been jumping up and down when Poppa Lents - now some sort of no-small-parts crusader - called them first. Let me just say that Haley better not have any taste buds. Or maybe candy isn't allowed in the Lents household. This story deserves further investigation.  Haley's X-ray after the jump.

delicious%20candy%20yes.jpg 

Charlie Brown-level 'Augh!' The best quote in the article is from the toymaker, though.

"In general, if a child swallows 30 pieces of any toy, it is likely that it will result in harm regardless of the toy in question."

They should have put a :rolleyes: after that.

[CBS News: Girl Swallows 30 Magnets, Steel Balls]

Bookmark and Share